There are many considerations of how rehabilitation psychiatry, such as what is required and the purpose of these patients followed the rehabilitation, services to be offered by the rehabilitation team, and types of mental disorders experienced by these patients. In general, the process begins by determining the purpose or results anticipated by patients in the rehabilitation following the (approach centred on the person). The role of dual diagnosis rehab rehabilitation team is to ensure that patients will be directed to create goals for themselves based on knowledge, ability, and assessment of the patient. Rehabilitation team will then proceed to help the patient to determine the steps they need to take to achieve the goals they want. The team will also provide all the materials and anything that can help, that depends on the circumstances (individual approach).
Typically, a psychiatric rehabilitation program will offer the following matters:
1. Aid to the health and condition of the body, including nutrition and diet
2. Reduce the symptoms with the consumption of appropriate medicines
3. Reduce stress and difficulties experienced by certain techniques, including medicines
4. Introducing into a suitable support group with patients
5. Establish patient support groups that can consist of other patients in the rehabilitates, their families, friends, and even co-workers.
6. Medical services such as counselling is done for the long term and regular and easily accessible medical care (including emergency care)
7. Legal aid
8. Education through vocational school or college
10. Place of residence, such as in an apartment or living in a group
Rehabilitation team also will provide, the necessary survival skills, such as self-care, keeping your place to stay, how to maintain security during travel, and life planning. Programs and therapies that could increase the patient’s social and technical expertise. Financial assistance. Other assistance that may be required of the patient, such as that associated with the hobby, health insurance, and financial accounts (for example, bank accounts). After the necessary assistance and expertise already provided and taught to patients, responsibility for rehabilitation team turn into surveillance. Communication and interaction between the patient and rehabilitation team should be left running for long periods of time, done regularly, and sustainable. Both parties must be able to change the individual approach to obtain better results.